joi, 27 octombrie 2011

In bocca al lupo...

I always felt that being an artist means to wear a great responsibility on your shoulders.

My fear of being ridiculous and not to disappoint those people who come with love and open hearts to the Opera made me try to exceed my limits every time, to work more and more for the outcome to be the expected one. Out of respect for the public, out of respect for me as a person and as an artist.

It's been over a week since I arrived in Zurich. And I had no time to get bored. I met my wonderful colleagues I’ll sing tomorrow night with, we worked together very hard and I learned a lot of new things from them.

And now, when we have less than a day before the curtain rises, I can tell you with all my sincerity and conviction that the representation tomorrow night will be extraordinary.
And that’s because extraordinary people have worked for it…from the beautiful Isabel Rey, maestro Ruggero Raimondi, Oliver Widmer, director Grisha Asagarof  and the legendary Nello Santi…to the entire orchestra of Zurich Opera, dressers, make-up artists, machinists etc ...

All of them, with their whole experience and mastery, made the representation of Don Pasquale tomorrow night to be extraordinary.

And even though I know I'll do this a couple of times till I’ll leave Zurich, I want to thank, in advance, all of them! For being kind and warm with me, for all the advice they gave me, for letting me see them just the way they are, behind the appearances and behind the “star” label - wonderful people and professionals perfect. It is an honor to know you and to work with you! - IN BOCCA AL LUPO to everyone for tomorow night!

And I can’t say good bye before telling you how happy made me today the meeting with my very good old friend, baritone Yuriy Tsiple - a great voice, a wonderful artist.


We talked over coffee about a bit of everything…about what each of us has made, about the future projects, about friendship and life...

And each time I look at Yuriy I see another great value of the Romanian school of music that our country has lost. And I respect him enormously! Why? As some of you may know, he’s from Ukraine. But yet, anywhere he sings, Yuriy represents Romania. And he’s doing it with great honor.
 

Wonderful, isn’t it? I thought so too!
Good night ... wherever you are!

P.S.: Although I know I should think of Ernesto and Don Pasquale, right now, from somewhere far away, Lakme resounds in my mind!

IN BOCCA AL LUPO my wonderful Angela for tomorrow night Gala at the Bolshoi Theater.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu