joi, 13 octombrie 2011

A superb day in wonderful Japan

My dear friends,

Here I am, trying to find the right words to describe the beautiful day I had...

As you already know, Angela Gheorghiu and I have some days off between the concerts (the next one is scheduled Sunday)...

So today, at noon, the wonderful Angela had great ideea... to go out for a walk with our beloved friends, conductor Ion Marin, Florentina Bucos and Mioara Manea.

I thought...”just great! This time I’ll finally see the city, becouse my first stay in Tokyo was too short and I didn't got the chance …”

But maestro Ion Marin took us to an extraordinary place, NEAR...Tokyo :-)
 We visited the great Buddha Kamakura wich is the principle deity of Kotoku-in temple and it's considered a national treasure being constructed in 1252.

Just try to imagine the size of Buddha behind us knowing that only its weight is 121 tones (simply amazing!).
 
 And of course, as you can see, we had a lot of fun, ending the day in a splendid restaurant located in center Tokyo, eating shrimps prepared right in front of us.

We had a wonderful journey today, which made the wait for the next concert, on Sunday, to be bearable...

If you’re here, in Tokyo, Angela Gheorghiu, Bogdan Mihai (myself) and maestro Ion Marin would be pleased to have you in the audience at Suntory Hall, Sunday from 14.30...

If you’re anywhere else in the world, stay tuned! Videos and photos from the concert are coming soon... J

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu